Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Fall/ Winter Movie Wrapup

I'm happy that fall has approached, that means winter is well on it's way. I love the fall/winter season, well until February, then I'm right sick of it. But to me the best parts of the year come at winter. Thanksgiving, Christmas, the biggest video game releases of the year, and some of the best movies come out too. This year's winter releases make me a little happier than the past because this year we will not be riddled with sequels. I mean I like a sequel just as much as any other person, but I like the idea of original titles a little more. Here is my own list of what I'm looking forward to.

November

The Box releases the 6th. A couple with money problems is given a box with a red button. If they push the button someone will die, but they will also get a million dollars. The trailer looks interesting, and it has a feel to it that makes it stand out from most of the other cookie cutter movies that are jammed down our throats.

New Moon releases the 20th. The sequel to the billion selling book Twilight. Now I'm a Twilight fan and admit it with no shame. And I'm biased to the point that if this movie sucks, I probably won't even notice.

The Princess and the Frog releases the 25th. It's Disney returning to what made us all love it in the first place. New princess, new songs, and even lovable animals that act like humans! I'm really excited to sit in a theater and feel like a kid again.

December

The Lovely Bones releases the 11th. This movie adaptation of the book of the same name looks interesting. It has an exceptional cast, but also looks like a downer at the same time. I mean I don't know how a story about a girl being raped and killed can really spin into something thats not sad.

AVATAR releases the 18th. This movie looks gorgeous, but will it be any good? I don't know, I feel like this could be the new Matrix, or be something that feels like it should be on Syfy.

It's Complicated releases the 25th. Meryl Streep, Steve Martin, and Alec Baldwin in a comedy TOGETHER! Need I say more!

Sherlock Holmes releases the 25th. I feel that this will be Robert Downey's other Iron Man of this year. It has steam punk, Jude Law, and Rachel McAdams. Its gonna be good and we are all going to see it, I have no doubt.

Once 2010 hits there will be a lul in movies again until the blockbusters of summer, but there are a few things to look forward to when there's lots of snow on the ground.

February has Shutter Island and what I'm looking forward to so I can get through that dreaded day, Valentine's Day. (PS. in V-day Bradley Cooper and McSteamy play a gay couple, wet dreams can come true!)

No comments:

Post a Comment